Sunday, 4 June 2017

Half a bunch of fenugreek leaves...

 


... a sorry looking aubergine and some organic Jersey Royals potatoes. A quick Google and I am watching a you tube video in Hindi. Time to cook.

I boil the potatoes. In a cast iron wok I temper some spices, cumin and mustard seeds and then add a red onion thinly sliced and fry until translucent. I add the chopped aubergine, some garlic, stir, then add a chopped tomato, chilli powder and turmeric. Cook until the aubergine is soft, then add the chopped methi. Drain the potatoes when cooked and chop into pieces. Add to the aubergine mixture and season. Cook a little more until the methi has wilted. 

The Jersey Royals really make this simple dish special. 


9 comments:

  1. mmmm Methi! Thank you for sharing with #EatYourGreens

    I am going to tweet this, hope that is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweet away... Twitter passes me by I'm afraid as I choose not to have a smart phone. I do follow a few people... I really liked this dish, will be making an aloo gobi with jersey royals soon. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shall I tell you something, I have pay as you go - the smartphone I have is from work and am able to use it for instagram and twitter for now, but if I did not have it - this world too would pass me by, I rather not be there really...

    I am looking forward to Jersey Royals arrival

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this would be such a warming and comforting dish, I love potatoes... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks delicious - how do I subscribe to your blog, please? I've looked around the pages but can't find anything obvious! thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no subscription - just bookmark and pop back. 🙂

      Delete
    2. Catherine, have added a "follow by email" top right of the home page. Hope that makes it easier for you 🙂

      Delete